Thursday, April 24, 2008

Demolition

Our first BIG outside-contractors home improvement project has begun this morning.

This stucco wall:
With this problematic buckling (there was even a wasps' nest in there last year) and more:
Has already been removed, as will happen to all the stucco around the house:
8:27 a.m.:
9:18 a.m.:
9:53 a.m.:
New plywood will be put in place and brand-new stucco all around. We'll have a "new garage" in the process, almost, since it's not a finished space (I just don't know if we can afford a new back door and a new window to the garage -- those need to be replaced too).

I'll try to keep you posted on the progress of this big project, although I need to concentrate in finalizing the dissertation.


P.S. We figured out a way to get the camera to charge again. (YAY! I'm so happy! I can take pictures again!) BUT this was after Kelvin's birthday and most of the photos from that even were taken in my brother in law's great new camera (a Canon Rebel) and we didn't get to download them to our computer :-(.

4 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Oh, fun! I can't wait to finish our basement family room, to start posting pictures.

Juliet said...

Aw, too bad we can't see the birthday pictures. :-(
I think your house will turn out great! Looks like you moved into a very nice neighborhood.:-)

Aliki2006 said...

I know big projects like that one don't have the rewards of say, a kithcen remodel, but they are so gratifying, aren't they?!

M said...

How exciting!