Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back to Work

First, a few announcements:

(1) Thanks for reminding me about changing the "about me" and the blog header descriptions. I have edited them, but I'm sure they could be improved upon, particularly the header.

(2) I have yet to update my 365+1 project blog. I don't have time to do it because I have yet to submit my dissertation. In addition, my camera has temporarily "died" because the charging cable is broken so I can only take pictures with my mom's camera.

(3) I haven't published the "special post" I meant to post on the day of the defense because I have to figure out how to do a "cut" ("click here to read the rest"). I have found the instructions at Blogger University (a great site BTW, do check it out), but have yet to implement them. Oh, yeah, and I also want to do a defense photo edition post, that will be lots of fun! :-)

That said, after a busy and festive weekend, I am back to work now and I have to finish this dissertation ASAP because the deadline to submit it to the graduate school is April 30, but I want to do it earlier. I want to feel the taste of freedom and full accomplishment in my life! :-)

I do feel very happy that my son's party was done (I'll post about it when I get to take a break from work) and that we got to visit Longwood Gardens with my brother-in-law and his family yesterday (their first time there in the 3+ years we have been garden pass holders).

Now, however, I have to really work hard. My advisor wants me to write a longer dissertation conclusion and I need to implement ALL the corrections made by him and two other readers. I hope I can do that fairly quickly. And then I have to finish assembling the bibliography and make sure that the formatting is fully correct.

OK, so I gotta go now. Hopefully I'll have time to blog again soon.

No comments: