Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Released Today - The Daring Book for Girls

Do you remember when I reviewed The Dangerous Book for Boys for Mother Talk and one of you (my SIL :) suggested in the comments that I should write the girl version? Well... this version written by Andrea Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz and titled The Daring Book for Girls was just released today! In November I'll be reviewing the book here for the Mother Talk Blog Book tour, but I wanted to let you know about it today. Back in May Andi emailed me and the other Mother Talk bloggers to announce that they had just signed the contract and were going to write the book jointly over the summer. I thought of announcing it here then, but I guess it makes more sense to do so now that you can actually go and get the book.

Note: the cover I included here is my own scanned copy of the book since all t he images I found online don't show the glittery silver of the words :) (and I don't even like sparkly stuff, but it looks so cool I couldn't show it to you).

I received my copy in the mail yesterday from Andi and I have to say it's always a thrill to see a book even before it's released in stores -- particularly this one which is such a great one! When I first checked the Amazon site today it was #44 in their rank, then, an hour later it was #41. A few minutes ago it was #30 and I hope it gets closer and closer to #1!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw that the boys book still remains among the 20 best sold at Amazon, at #15 (16 earlier today). Like Andi said in her note enclosed with the book, I'm definitely a big cheerleader for this book.

Here's what this week's Time magazine had to say about it, in the bottom of the Books section, it compared the Boys to the Girls book and I think the girl book does match up, but of course I'm completely biased! ;) (click on image for larger version):
I guess it's a good sign that the book was featured in Time even before its release.

Congratulations to Andi and Miriam and I hope to see them in person soon at one of the signings here in Philly!

No comments: