Monday, December 04, 2006

Exciting News

Guess what? I got a job interview! I did expect it from this particular university (incidentaly, the only one with jobs for both my husband and I), but I don't have high hopes and I'm quite nervous, of course.

It's good to know I'm being given a chance to prove my value before a search committee, though. And now, I need advice, TONS of it. If you know of any blog entries, academic site with a section about job interviews (I'm going to check the Chronicle and also the JIL site), or, better yet, personal experiences, would you send them my way? You can email me about it, if you don't want to publish your story in my comment section.

Now I have to work on my paper and presentation, good thing the presentation is first, and then I can concentrate for the interview. Oh, another question. None of the academic bloggers I'm reading are coming to the MLA, if you know a blogger who is, please let me know, I'd love to start reading his/her blog right now and try to meet him/her there.

I do know about the section on Blogging, and the presenter (Scott Eric Kaufman) who's doing research about blogging -- I haven't had time to check out his survey about how fast memes travel online, but I hope I'll have time to do it and go to the section. (Thanks to Jody at Raising WEG for the link). I think there will be quite a few bloggers attending the section, and I wish I knew at least a handful of them even though they probably wouldn't know me. (Do you know about this section, Laura? I'm sure you do. Are you planning to attend?)

8 comments:

diber said...

Congratulations!!!!

Dr. Crazy on Reassigned Time is going; I seem to remember a blogpost including a ticket bought for MLA.

I believe there was also quite a lot of discussion on ABDmom when she was on the market about interviews and whatnot.

Libby said...

Lilian, congratulations, and good luck! I'm not going this year, but I'll be thinking about you.

Keiko said...

Ai q medo! Eu vou soh apresentar meu protocolo e jah estou morrendo de medo, quant mais apresentacao pra emprego!! Estamos na torcida!!! Orando pelo sucesso!

Juliet said...

How exciting! I'm rooting for you! ^_^

jo(e) said...

Congrats on the interview!

Alice said...

Can't help with academic bloggers, but just wanted to say that it is FANTASTIC that you got the interview and I wish you lots of good luck that you get the job!!! Will keep my fingers (& toes) ;) crossed for you!!!!!!

kate said...

Wow, congratulations! I don't have any advice for you, but lots of good wishes!!!

Aliki2006 said...

Congrats, Lilian! No advice, either but sending lots and lots of well wishes your way! Hooray!