Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Blogger Beta Version

Well, I wanted to let you know that I'm considering switching to the new Beta version of blogger. It has many features that I've always wanted my blog to have, such as labels for categorizing the posts, more flexibility and an easier way to edit the template (with the ability to change the position of things, choose colors and fonts, etc), "dynamic" publishing (no need to wait for the 100% publish, and no need to hit a publishing button, any changes are automatically saved), and some other new features. You can take a tour here.

It still has quite a few glitches and issues. The one I like the least is that other blogger users that haven't switched to the Beta version yet won't be able to comment with their blogger "identities" and will have to comment under "Other" - and I'm sure that will annoy some of you. Is anyone else considering switching? Beta versions are a bit scary because they sound "tentative" to me...

What do you think? I'll probably switch anyway at some point in the near future, but I'll warn you about it ahead of time.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Ooh, I'll be switching! sounds like it'll give me a lot of the features I miss from my old blog software. Hurray!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I think I read that only some parts of the country will be invited to try the beta version. Did you get invited? I won't like having to comment as "other", I have to admit! How long do they say the total change over is suposed to take? I would really like to tag posts with labels and edit the template more easily. But just think of all I learned trying to do it the hard way! :)

Alice said...

well, I'll just have to comment as "other" because I know I won't switch to this version in the near future. I just changed my layout not so long ago which was a huge pain, and I don't feel like messing around with this again (besides would that mean that I'd lose my current layout?). Dealing with this is so tedious!!

Laura said...

Hi
I switched to Beta Google and I am having problems in leaving a comments on other people Blogs. It says that usernam e is wrong. And sometimes I try twice, gives an error 404. But later the coment is there... twice.
It really is easier to manage the blog with Beta but I don't like this little...problems.

Cumprimentos de uma Portuguesa. :)

Juliet said...

I might switch if I ever become one of those popular bloggers. LOL I am a long way off from that!