Friday, August 18, 2006

Lovely "Bloggy" Meet Ups!

Yesterday and today have been two good days... in spite of the fact that my husband is traveling (he went to Brazil for the weekend - I'm so jealous, except I would have hated to have gone only for three days - I can't stay less than a month there and even then I never do all I want to do :)

I went to the LLL meeting yesterday and we ended up having an informal conversation between mothers, which was great, because I got to talk a bit more with Jo, who's a brilliant blogger and a really cool and lovely person -- she even mentioned me and my boys in her latest post, I'm so delighted!! We love you too! Her daughter Sophia has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen and the cutest smile :)

Today I met another blogger in person, in addition to Jo, Kateri, Marta, and Andi Buchanan, I now know Cloudscome (from a wrung sponge) and her lovely boys. I think this could officially classify as our first "play-date" ever -- have I been completely out of the American "mother's culture" or what? Yeah, it's not easy to be an expatriate mom, that's why I love blogging so much, it filled a void in my life in more ways that I could have ever imagined! As Cloudscome said, it is definitely cool to meet someone who blogs too, so we can talk about blogs we read and blogging, since she says all her other friends know nothing about it.

I'm so glad blogging has given me the opportunity of not only learning from other people's life experience and knowing people "virtually," but getting to meet some of these awesome people "in real life"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm. so. jealous! I want to meet her too!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Yes that was SO FUN!! I want to join LLL just so I can meet all those other cool moms HA HA! Or maybe we should just have regular blogger meet ups. What a concept!

It's true, my other friends don't blog so when I mention it they just give me a blank look. It is hard to have something that is such a big part of my life and not have anyone IRL to talk to about it.

It was really great to see you Lilian. I felt like I already knew you and you were a new friend all rolled into one! You have such wonderful, cute boys. My guys really had a lot of fun too! Let's do it again and invite some other bloggers.