Monday, June 12, 2006

So many things, so little time

Sometimes I wonder why life is like that, why there are so many things we want to do and we are never able to acomplish all of them. In my case, I feel that I don't do even a fraction of what I want to do. Of course this is even more true of people with small children and certainly with people disorganized and "all over the place" like me. Sometimes I thing I have ADD (attention deficit disorder). Really. Of course I probably don't, since I can concentrate on many things, but when it comes to maintaining the house organized or other daily tasks then it totally looks like I have it. I can't concentrate on any given task and I never get anything done. I also am a terrible procrastinator - all of this is not good at all for writing a dissertation. Needless to say I haven't worked on it since I had the meeting with my advisor. Of course I had good excuses - first, we were all terribly sick for two weeks, then, my brother came to visit. The title statement also refers to the fact that I want to blog about so many things and never find the time to do it...

The week with my brother and sister-in-law here was nice, though it was pretty tiring for them. On Monday they walked around Philly on their own then on Tuesday we all (except my husband) went to Longwood Gardens. On Wednesday they went with my parents to Washington D.C. where they walked around until their legs hurt. On Thursday we all stayed at home and on Friday I went with them to New York City where I dropped them off at their hotel and I waited for my husband (who was at a day conference there) hanging out with the boys at two nice playgrounds in central park West. They loved it and it was a good way to get them tired to sleep all the way to southeastern Massachusetts where my in-laws now live. We had a good weekend with them, but it was raining on Saturday again. On Sunday the weather was nice and we had a good time at our friends' wedding (that's why we went to MA). We drove back after the wedding and got here at 1 am - I'm still extremely tired from that.

My parents are taking a little week-long "vacation," especially for my mom to be able to take her mind from the fact that her son is travelling to China today. They rented a car and spent the weekend with my uncle in Washington D.C. and drove to Nashville, TN yesterday. They'll be back next Monday. Meanwhile I get to spend the week with my boys while we get into World Cup watching mode. I will post about soccer/footbal and the World Cup pretty soon, OK? Now I just wanted write a short post because I haven't posted for a whole week. I'm also planning to start posting recipes and to write about my garden (I harvested the first grape tomatoes today - Kelvin ate all three of them).

P.S. My BIL decided to accept the job in Lebanon. They're only going in the end of the year, though, because of the baby that is about to be born any minute now.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Well, you sound like you've all been tremendously busy the last few weeks (in addition to being sick!) So I think you have all the right reasons not to blog for a while. As for getting things done, I have the same problem!
Looking forward to your post on the world cup (Austria was too bad to get qualified in the first place, hehehe). This game on Ecuador-Germany is going to be quite interesting, though. Dh registered with some disbelief that they actually won against Poland!! And now he keeps looking at the goals Ecuador scored over and over and OVER again online!!! Quite amazing for someone who claims he doesn't like soccer ;)

kate said...

Yes, it does sound like you've been busy! I totally identify with the "too much to do, too little time" thing. Too bad we can't clone ourselves...

Hey, tonight is Spain's first game. I hope they make it to the next stage!