Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Two White, (very) Young Guys!!

This is getting super fun and exciting, folks!! Seriously!

As I've blogged about before, my hunch was right! They really want to hire a WASP! (I know this is an outdated and politically incorrect term and that I risk being called"racist" and prejudiced for using it, but I still remember learning this word back in college in Brazil and thinking... wow... that's pretty interesting!).

I just got the names of the two candidates this morning and promptly looked them up. Two young, very good looking (at least one of them) guys.

One from most famous Ivy league school, newly minted phd from there (and, who is possibly from the same religious orientation as the former presidential candidate, given his undergraduate institution -- that would be interesting! My neighbors from across the street are also of this orientation).

The other, the most good looking, and who was described by his advisor as a rising star in the field, (WOW!), comes from California. I'm secretly hoping he's of the other orientation if you know what I mean.

The thing I'm hoping the most, though is pretty simple: I hope hope hope none of them is married to a Brazilian woman.

Because if they are and she is qualified to teach the language, I'm TOAST!

And I don't mind, because...

.... drumroll...

... in a conversation yesterday, I had someone propose that maybe there could be some funding from this "teleteaching" thing to help me become full-time at former institution.

I'll wait and see!

I'm going to be late at the end of the exam today so I can meet the really good looking guy who will teach my 12 pm class! Fun!

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

full time! I hope that it happens for you!!!