Tuesday, February 08, 2011

:(

This didn't work out and my brother sounds very disappointed as well as discouraged (over email). I hope they keep on trying and are able to get the right kind of help. The problem is that there are certain procedures that the doctors in NZ say that they don't do, or maybe the insurance won't cover. One of them is the more invasive procedure to try to diagnose/treat endometriosis -- sorry, I don't know the name of it... Hysteroscopy maybe? Yep, that's it. So I'm sure it's pretty frustrating to be trying to conceive for 2.5 years and not to have access to all the necessary  medical resources and procedures. I suspect they're better off in NZ than in China, however, since this was the main reason for them to move to NZ in the first place.

My brother and I have a cousin who owns a fertility clinic and is an university professor of reproductive endocrinology (he earned his doctorate in Italy). The only problem that he lives in (Southern) Brazil. In the worst case scenario, my brother and his wife will have to go to Brazil for her treatment.

I've read my share of infertility blogs to know how complicated and nerve-racking their situation is. I wish I could direct them to some good online resources, including personal blogs, but I suspect that my SIL and my brother aren't that interested in blogs.

Well... let's see what happens. Apparently SIL wants to try IUI three times before they move on to other treatments, including IVF. Meanwhile, my brother said that maybe they're going to adopt a dog to help fill the void in their hearts/ lives. :(

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

Aw, that's difficult.

Keiko said...

que triste...mas sabe, a maioria das minhas amigas atuais esta tendo problemas de fertilidade e enfim...razoes a parte, o processo eh complicado, mas no final quando tudo da certo ninguem mais lembra do que foi complicado!

bjo,
Keiko