Friday, February 18, 2011

My Parents Are Coming! (& the In-Laws Too)

Well... we already knew that my in-laws were coming to the U.S. in May -- they generally come a few times a year ever since they moved back to Brazil back in 2009 after living here for three years-- but yesterday my mother-in-law* found incredibly cheap tickets on AA (U$ 350 round trip per person, all taxes/fees included) and she convinced my parents to come visit us this Spring as well!

So they arrive in April, together with my brother's parents-in-law (who are coming to visit their son who just moved to Michigan -- he's the one who came to visit us on Xmas time with his family) and they'll be here to help us move into the new house. I'm so excited! Last year it was a nightmare to move doing most of the packing by ourselves, K and I. And K kept repeating as we worked non-stop, into the night(s): "If only we had two more people to help we'd spend just half the time working!" Very true! So now we have double the help! And since we're moving only 6 miles, it won't be too much trouble anyway... I'm thinking we'll try to do it slowly, and only do the big furniture at once, with a rental truck and the help of local friends.

I still haven't decided whether the boys and I are going to Brazil this year or not. I really wanted to, particularly to spend my birthday there, but we'll see... Right now we need to concentrate on buying the house. So, it's just perfect that my parents are coming! If in the end we don't go, they got to come and spend time with us and the boys.

The only downside? The boys will still be in school most of the time they'll be here, except in the last five days. We're planning on really enjoying those last days, though -- since my parents will fly back to Brazil from NYC, we plan on staying there for five days before they travel. I've wanted to do that with our family for a long time now, so I'm glad it looks like it'll finally happen! Big Apple, here we come!

*Who owns and manages a small travel agency -- they're going to South Africa next month with a group from Brazil and maybe next year K & I will get to go too!

2 comments:

Zee said...

That's dirty cheap! Last trip to Brazil we paid 984 bucks each adult. We bought the tickets from Brol. I wish I could go, but we are totally broke! We will try to take the kids to Legoland in July.

t1 Diabetes said...

350??? oh my goodness that is amazing! I have to get some tips on buying tickets that cheap... on a different note! amazing for you your parents are coming, specially since you are so close to them! Yey!!!! I'm excited for you!