Thursday, February 10, 2011

Murphy's Law

If, after a couple of weeks, you finally decide to launder your child's bed sheets one afternoon and put them back in the bed right before bedtime....

Rest assured that this is the night that your child is going to have an accident and get them wet (after several nights in the previous two weeks in which this has happened only to their underwear which were changed sometimes twice a night, requiring an emergency load of laundry to replenish the underwear drawing last week).

Well... I cannot say I hadn't been forewarned!

P.S. And next time, I should think again before giving my child that measly 1/4 glass of water when he gets up to pee at 11 pm and says he's really thirsty and begs for water with a pitiful face. Sigh. That's one of the things I definitely don't appreciate about forced air heating -- how thirsty it makes you (we had baseboard in our "old" old house).

Edited to add: This all means that I'm waiting for the washer to do its job so I can put the clothes in the dryer before I leave for the university. A good excuse to blog first thing in the morning, no? :)

No comments: