Monday, September 20, 2010

Unanimously

The department unanimously decided to offer K the job. They're working on the details (he has a phone conversation scheduled for tomorrow) before they put it in writing.

I have a feeling K is not going to refuse this offer & I'm already thinking about moving (I'm excited about it, actually), but, we could change our minds, so, let's see.

I don't feel so torn anymore. And, you know, the whole thing is NOT about a "right" and a "wrong" decision (there's no right or wrong, I think), it's just about what would be best for him and for our family.

I'll keep you posted.

And the hard part will be telling folks at the university here & dealing with that. But, as the saying goes, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

6 comments:

Anjali said...

WOW!!!! I hope this works out for you Where you're intending to move, you'll be close enough for us to actually get together!! (25 minute drive)!!! You can join my book club, my writing club (5 minute drive from where you'll be moving) and WE CAN SEE EACH OTHER!

Nope, I'm not excited at all.

Leslie M-B said...

Congrats! I know it's going to be a bear to move again, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Oonie said...

Wow! When it rains it pours. It's so hard to even imagine this outcome in the midst of the despair, isn't it?
Congratulations to K and I am all jealous that you'll be so close to Anjali. But now it'll just be a big reunion when I visit, right?!

M said...

After everything you and K have been through, you both certainly deserve all the attention. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something works out for you since I know how much you're enjoying teaching.

Libby said...

Well, I'll be sorry to see you leave when you have hardly even been here, but still: congrats! It sounds like a great opportunity!

ArticulateDad said...

Steer on, my friends, the journey has only begun