Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First Day of 1st and 3rd Grade (two weeks ago)

So, today everyone was writing on facebook about how their kid(s)' first day of school went, etc... I'm taking this as my cue to belatedly post the pictures of my boys' first day and Linton's first day of school ever (8/18/10).

Of course, as good Brazilians, we were late for the first day of school. Yeah... I felt sorry for the boys, :-( but not great harm was done (they weren't really stressed out or anything. Linton had visited his class two days before, so it was OK).

There is an explanation: we had spent all of the previous day at a water park, saying good-bye to the summer vacation and we were obviously exhausted the next morning.

As a result, the only photos I was able to take of my "baby's" first day of school & his brother's third year were these:
At the end of the day, after missing them, I was able take a few more, relieved that they'd given my hungriest boy a snack (I was worried he was going to be hungry):
He was so happy and goofy! He'd certainly had a great day.

I'm thrilled that the boys have a healthy (vegetarian!) hot lunch at their school every day (they did take a lunch on the first 4 days). Life is much less stressful when I don't have to worry about preparing lunch for everybody (just for K & I now).

Oh, and today was the event that started my "teaching career" with a bang. It went really well! I'll try to talk about the film we saw later.

P.S. My internet is really slow (& it was like that in PA too). I wish I had fiber optics (though it's from evil Verizon, whom I'd vowed never to work with again & now they're our wireless providers). I love to write posts with photos & I don't blog more because of how long it takes to upload the pics. :-(

1 comment:

t1 Diabetes said...

lol. Although the fiber optics have given my husband lot so of overtime and bills paid, hehehe... Nice pictures, reminds me I need some pictures of Tessa, she's growing so fast, this year I forgot all about the first day of school rituals...