Saturday, October 04, 2008

For the Record...

(regarding the previous post)

... I did not drive down yesterday because it was too late, we're going this morning.

... In my defense, I do always enforce general rules with the boys, and when I say "no" to something, I never give in, even when they whine for an hour afterward.

... The best part of staying was that I got to talk to K on the phone, even though it was 1 a.m. for me and 2 for him there in Brazil. We never have time to talk enough... :-( (BTW, one of my expatriate mamas blogging pals, Dinka, wrote a wonderful post about this, how hard it is to spend time with one's life partner when we have young children. You should check it out. Dinka is a most thoughtful and sensitive writer, as well being amazing at sewing -- if you have a daughter who loves dolls, you have to check this out -- it's home made!).

... Obviously, writing the previous post was one of the reasons why we couldn't leave yesterday, and blogging or being at the computer is definitely not good for disciplining and maintaining a consistent routine or supervision on the boys.

... I don't want this post to prevent us from traveling in a timely manner again, so I'll come back to this issue later. Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks to those who already responded, my SIL and Alissa.

... Last, but not least, I have a tantrumimg four year old right now. In the last 12 hous he threw three tantrums -- yes, one of them was in the middle of the night. And he's witholding stool too (control issues, I know), after a miraculous three times using the actual potty. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

... K will be back Monday night (phew!).

... We're leaving soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the definition of discipline, I feel that you are a very responsible person, just suggest you to feel more confident on what you are doing.
http://www.parents-and-kids.com

t1 Diabetes said...

Why did you go to Brazil?
I got a defense date!!! Next Thursday, 16, 2 pm... please pray for me!!! I can't wait!