Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bike Riding -- Milestone I

So, over two years earlier than his brother, who was six last April when he rode the very same bike without the training wheels (I blogged about it here), Linton was only 4 years and 2 months old when he managed to do it too! The first time he did it was on 8/7, but I only caught it (badly) on tape on 8/21. The quality of these videos is extremely bad (they were taken with the photo camera), but I hope you can catch a glimpse of the boys riding their bikes, particularly Linton... You can hear me in the background...

This first one is just a quick take of him driving up the driveway, still a bit wobbly:

In the next two you can see how good he is riding speedily down the driveway. (in the first one Kelvin screams in the background and in Portuguese: "Don't forget to film me!").

So, in this next one you get to see Kelvin, riding a bike much too big for him very expertly (he even goes on the grass not to bump into his brother.

I know it's a worn cliché, but very true -- they do grow up way too fast these boys... but it's a joy to see them develop so well and so early.

No comments: