Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Traveling Mother

I just wanted to brag about the fact that this afternoon/evening I drove for 7 hours by myself with the boys to come spend a few days with my mother-in-law in Massachusetts.

Last night my husband flew to Brazil, where he'll be for a week and my father-in-law flew to Peru for a 10 day visit. I didn't want to stay home alone, but I was a bit afraid of driving for so many hours with the boys, but I decided to brave it.

The trip is supposed to take 5-6 hours, but I was stuck in traffic for 1h30 in Connecticut. This happened because I wasn't able to leave home before 2:30 pm, so I naturally got stuck in traffic from 5:30 on.

The boys behaved well. I was very lucky because the two times my son needed to go to the bathroom (for #2 nonetheless), we were right at a service area. We stopped only those two times, within an hour (between 4-5 pm) and then we continued for 3 hours straight until the little one couldn't bear it any longer and I stopped for 10 minutes for him to nurse. Both boys slept for the last 1h30 of the trip, thankfully.

Tomorrow I meet with my advisor and with one of the committee members (the first time since May), separately this time. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Brave mother. Glad it went well. Good luck in the advisory meetings.

Jody said...

Congrats on achieving that milestone!

Good luck with the advisors.

Aliki2006 said...

I admire you for your solo driving! And good luck with your advisros--you are lucky you can just drive to meet with them, as opposed to flying...I haven't met with my advisors in *years*--ugh.

Juliet said...

I'm really happy that your trip went well. I know road trips can be difficult, and it must be even harder on your own. Good for you!