Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Spring!

Either today or yesterday is/was the beginning of Spring in the Northern hemisphere. Therefore, I want to greet Spring by posting pictures of my own garden's crocuses and some flowering trees I photographed this weekend in Maryland. I also was inspired to post pictures of my crocus bulb flowers (which I planted in 2004) because of the 850 bulbs that Jody from Raising WEG planted last year and which have started to bloom as the pictures she posted in her blog show.

The yellow ones came up first. The first picture was taken on 3/1.



The other ones started blossoming soon (the second and third pictures are from 3/11).















On 3/16, after some hot days, the flowers were in full bloom, but starting to wilt, as you can see on the last crocus picture as well.











These two pictures show the crocuses on 3/11 and 3/16:















I took the pictures below this past weekend in Maryland.













We're planning to go to D.C. to see the Cherry Blossom, we've only gone once and it's beautiful, but I didn't have a digital camera yet. My uncle lives there, and we may also meet up with my brother and sister-in-law. If we go I'll certainly post pretty pictures here :)

3 comments:

Alice said...

ooooh cherry blossoms in DC....how I miss that!!!!! What lovely pictures! they put a smile on my face (here everything is grey, dreary and slushy-snowy. UGH!!!). Thank you! :)

Juliet said...

Lovely pictures. :-) Happy spring to you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I do miss east coast spring -- it's much more dramatic than the spring out here.