Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Baby's ONE!

I can hardly believe it, but my baby's one. No, it doesn't seem like yesterday that he was born. We did have a long year, but even though a lot happened (moving to another state, husband graduating, travelling abroad, etc) , these things don't make it less painful to see him grow out of babyhood so quickly. I want to hold on to his baby-self, therefore I'm not so eager to see him start walking, though I'm curious to know when/where it'll happen.

We had a party on Sunday, and before that, from Friday night through Sunday morning, a visit from friends who hadn't been to our house in over 3 years (she happens to be alergic to cats, and this caused the visits to basically cease - this weekend we took the cat to a friend's house, and that made it all sooo much better!). My brother-in-law, sister and nephew arrived on Saturday night for the celebration. On top of that, we had spent the whole week going to bed between 2-4 am (if not later) editing a short film (20 minutes) or Linton's first year of life, and between that and trying to clean the house, etc, we got really tired... The party was perfect, though, just two families of friends plus the relatives. Linton napped the whole time, and woke up -- a little angel, literally -- for the Happy Birthday and presents. It was all worth it! I even decorated my first cake (this would actually be the second, but Kelvin's last month, only required coloring the frosting and covering the pieces of the "train cake", and in this one I actually wrote on and decorated). I'll try to add a picture.

Well, I'll post the way it is, because I don't have time right now to add more. Last Thursday my back started aching. It seemed to get a little better over the weekend, but right now it's worse than ever. I never had any problems before. It's probably that Linton got too heavy, and I constantly carry him on my right hip (that's the side that hurts badly, right under the clavicle)...
It's not very easy to write when one's in pain, but I haven't blogged for a while (and my last post I saved as a draft, and have yet to finish), so here it is.

No comments: