Friday, October 03, 2014

Happy!

I had to get those negative feelings out of the way, thanks for bearing with me! And BTW that photo I took & shared in the post make be happy, beauty makes me happy!

This week I met briefly with a student on Tuesday afternoon, just to make her some copies from the beginner level textbook. She lived in Brazil as a child, but hasn't been in touch with Portuguese for years, so she needs some grammar to help her re-capture the language in its fullness.

We walked down the hall together, talking. Then I started making copies, telling her what to do with the pages that were coming, explaining that I'd save the originals and make her a double sided, stapled packet.

Half-way through the process, my student turns to me and says, simply:

"You're so happy!"

I don't think I said anything. Maybe I just nodded and most certainly continued smiling. Or I may have said something like:

 "Sure! I guess I am!"

And it's very true. I'm really, really happy. And blessed. And I'm thankful for that every single day. That's why it doesn't bother me that sometimes I feel down and that my job situation is pretty depressing. That doesn't change a thing about me being truly happy. And I'm pretty sure that even if bad things happen (like deaths in the family), I can still be happy.

And, of course, I need to include "Happy" in this post because I do love it! (ever since I heard it in Despicable Me 2). I don't care that some people don't like it because it's so ubiquitous and overly popular or for whatever other reason. It makes me happy!

No comments: