Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Beautiful Day For... Line Drying! ;-) (Last Sunday)

Yesterday and today have been cold and windy and tomorrow will be even colder, but Sunday was LOVELY! 64 degrees in February is great. So, it was a beautiful day for the first line drying of the year...

...Except that I suspect our washer may be on the verge of breaking again* and that completely freaks me out. Much more so than the job situation that I know will be OK eventually (and won't involve spending money on a big ticket item, sigh...)

* It may have been my fault (which is mortifying!) because I selected spinning on "Medium" for a pretty large load. The washer didn't finish the spinning cycle (some clothes were still sopping wet at the bottom) and smelled like a broken machine when we turned it off. My husband ran a rinse & spin cycle only with water and it worked OK. I'm doing a load right now, not too big (towels), but I'm doing the "heavy load" cycle and hoping it will be fine. I'm actually nervous about it! I'll let you know how it goes (updating the post).
Edited to add: it looks like washer is OK. It washed and span all the towels with no broken machine smell!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for line drying! We've started doing that here, and I really love it. Glad your machine looks like it will be ok!

Unknown said...

(The above comment is from me, Heidi. Accidentally posted it from the wrong account!)