Friday, April 06, 2012

22 Years Together

Tomorrow, April 7, is our 22nd anniversary of being together!!

We're planning to go to one of my favorite places on earth, Longwood Gardens, leaving the kids with my brother- and sister-in-law. I miss Longwood like crazy and we will probably purchase the membership so we can try to go at least twice more in the coming year.

Now... if only I weren't so sick! I have a nasty virus and while my throat is not hurting anymore (the way it was yesterday and the day before), I have a headache that's not going away with medication and I'm feeling hot and crummy. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow! We haven't even left for MD yet. :(  But I guess that at this point, the later we leave the better, to avoid traffic.

22 years and a week ago K & I met for the first time, in spite of the fact that he had seen me before and his aunts had been trying to set us up for over six months.

And you can read here what happened on April 7, 1990, 22 years ago (it was also a Saturday!).

It was the best thing that happened in my life and I don't think it can be topped by anything, except for the days our two sons were born (and these wouldn't have happened if we hadn't been together in the first place, right?).

1 comment: