Friday, January 06, 2012

Songs from when I was born (July 1971) - facebook meme

I can't stand facebook, so I decided to post this fun fb meme on the blog instead.

The challenge is to find which song was the #1 on the week you were born, find the video on YouTube and post it to one's profile -- or blog! (Another meme I saw yesterday asked for the song from when you turned 9, but I like to go back further in time!). :)

According to Wikipedia's List of  Billboard's Hot 100 for 1971 singles, when I was born (July 7), there were two Carole King songs that were #1 (and they were in this position for five weeks in a row!):




Now, I remember the first one really well and I like both, but I was positively delighted to find out that one of my favorite songs was #1 by the last week of July, James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend"


Last, but not least, since my husband doesn't have a blog & doesn't post on fb either, I thought I'd share the song that was popular on May 26 (1971) when he was born -- so much fun -- "Joy to the World!"

No comments: