Thursday, January 26, 2012

blogger's block

So much that I want to write and yet... I'm so tired, I don't feel like doing anything, much less writing in the blog.

We've been really busy, as usual. I'm in a cooking groove. So much so that I'm hosting two meals this weekend at our house... I'll make a few soups for our friends tomorrow night and on Saturday a group of our friends is having a "Sushi & Friends" (friends=foods that go with sushi) potluck lunch!

I will try to post some photos later. If I find the energy.

You have no idea whatsoever how many meals/recipes/foods I photograph because I want to post them to the blog and then in the end I just don't. I see other people's gorgeous photographs of foods, I get frustrated (and tired, and blocked) and I reason that none of my readers cares about what I've been cooking anyway (and that it would be in that horrible category of "what I just had for lunch" tweet, or facebook update)... so... yeah, I just don't.

All right, after this couple of paragraphs I'm officially "unblocked," but I need to go to bed. K & I don't teach on Fridays, so I've volunteered to let him sleep in & I want to take the boys to school tomorrow.

P.S. that means that I've got to start working and planning and stuff. I'm trying to stay on top of things, though. Tonight I wrote a page and a half of my paper presentation for the conference coming up in March.

No comments: