Tuesday, November 01, 2011

11/1/11 Another Palindrome Date... And So Begins my 5th NaBloPoMo...

... but since I've been blogging once a day and up to five times a day for several weeks now, trying to partially fulfill one of my new year's resolutions, this year's NaBloPoMo will be "lamer" than usual.

In fact, if I posted daily or more than once a day like Katie Allison Granju, for example (wait a minute! she didn't post today yet...edited to add -- 7 minutes before I posted this, she published her post for today!), I wouldn't even need this special month of blogging. Ha! I'd even forgotten that I'd created a label for this intense blogging period, "Blogging Marathon 2011," but I've forgotten to label the posts... Blah!

Well, I have to stop now because I have 24 papers to grade. And then, 24 more after those are done, and then... 25X4 student blog posts to mark.

I've been planning to reward myself with this when all this grading is done. Except that there's another paper due this coming Sunday, which guarantees that I'll never be caught up.

How crazy is it of me that I have decided to teach FORTY students next semester? (oh, is it because it turned forty? Nah... silly joke, you know it's because I need the money). :(

In any case, I'm excited about the palindrome date... 11/1/11, but the 11th will be even more exciting. I don't know exactly why, but I think these dates are really cool. I turned 6 on 7/7/77. And I wrote tons on 8/8/88. It's my inner geek, I guess.

Wish me luck in my grading. I need to go make some tea, and eat some chocolate, like Jo(e)!

6 comments:

Rene said...

I dream of having only 40 students. Good luck with the grading!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh my friend you started blogging in 2004! Seven years!! you're ahead of me!!! i started oct 31 2005!!

jo(e) said...

Yes, hot tea and slabs of chocolate help me survive paper grading. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Rene said...

Lilian, I'm sorry for coming off snarky before. I know that college is different than high school, and it's easy to get bogged down with grading no matter how many students you have. Maybe this is just a sign that I need a few more slabs of chocolate myself. ;-)

Lilian said...

Don't worry, Rene... it didn't sound snarky at all!!

I have 18+6+26 students now, it's very little, I know, and next year it will be 40 instead of the 26.

Some people teach several sections of 100, I can't imagine how that is like!

Rene said...

I thought you meant 40 students total. That is a lot for one section! And the work of 50 students can easily get overwhelming.