Thursday, March 31, 2011

This is it! (?)

My 3 X 3 post was pointless, I admit it. I only wanted to write it so I could use it as a starting point for this one. You see, I wanted to concentrate on the new house on this post, but having previously written about the first three houses.

I'm excited to be buying a house, I really am, but I am also a bit... I don't know... apprehensive, perhaps? Because "this is it." At least for the next 5-6 years (in the highly unlikely event K doesn't get tenure) and perhaps for much longer than that.

It feels strange, almost "anti-climatic" to be finally settling down, especially after all the upheaval in our lives in the past 4 years. I think this house is perfect and I think we'll be very happy there, but I'm just so used by now to having to keep postponing things in life that it feels almost strange to think about permanence as far as a house and living in a certain place is concerned. (the whole "Georgia debacle" didn't help much either, sigh).

So...  last week we bought this patio set.

And today... the commitment letter from the bank was sent to the sellers. That means we are all set. The house will be ours in 21 days. This is it.

2 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

So excited for you!!!!!! Where is the new house going to be? I'll be in Virginia in June, maybe we can see each other...

ArticulateDad said...

Congratulations. Permanence is over-rated. But a feeling of belonging somehwere surely isnt.