Monday, March 14, 2011

I saw the sun all right...

(I'm referring to what I wrote last night, more specifically, to the very first paragraph of that post)

and...

Guess what?

Well, well, well...

We got home at about 7 pm, unpacked, got the kids ready for bed, changed the clocks, the one in the dining room, the microwave and the stove and went to bed.

Guess which clock we forgot to change? The radio alarm clock next to our bed. Ha, ha, ha!

Alarm goes off 10 of 8 and I can see the light outside peeking from under the curtain. We JUMP! right out of that warm bed and I bounced up those stairs like lightning, letting the rising sun into the boys' bedroom, waking them up (so warm! and flushed! I love to cuddle with them in the morning, but there was no time!) and apologizing for messing up and not setting the alarm. They were about 15 minutes late to school which, under the circumstances, was pretty good. phew!

Not the best way to start the week after the break, no? (our break, the boys' is next week... sigh).

Tomorrow, though, I will be VERY relieved to wake up and see it's still dark outside. I never thought I'd ever feel that way, but I know I will (at least for a day or two ;).

No comments: