Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomorrow my "baby" goes to school

Both boys are going back to school tomorrow, after our tough "cyber-schooling" year (I couldn't blog much about it, but maybe I'll use the other blog I created to reminisce and reflect about our experience).

So, in spite of the fact that Linton is going to 1st grade, tomorrow will be the first time he goes to school. I think the boys will enjoy going to school and I love their school* and the teachers.

I will probably miss them since I've been home with Linton for the past 6 years and Kelvin only went to school by himself for one year (the other one I taught 3 days a week there). However, it will be good for me because I'll be very busy this semester (more about that in another post).

Tomorrow I'll post the requisite photos of the first day in school & write about it. I kind of missed those for last year (can't remember if I posted anything...).

I'm both excited and sad. Good thing I'm not worried (I thought I'd be because of Kelvin, but I think he'll be fine, in spite of the fact he's not very happy to be going back to school -- I hope that feeling evaporates soon). Let's see how it goes.

*It's a small K-8 private school and their classes have two grades together (1-2, 3-4), around 20 children in each room (the teachers have an aide).

3 comments:

M said...

Good luck, Linton!

evirtualservices said...

The language translation box is very helpful, I put it on my blog a while ago as I have people visiting from all over the place, it's sot of nice if they can translate what I have written. Very useful, thanks..language translation services

Zee said...

Hi Lilian! My boys started yesterday and I am glad to hear they are enjoying their friends and teachers. I hope this year will be better and I hope to give them a better support as well.
Thanks so much for your kind words another day, regarding my cat. We have a new baby...I will introduce her this week!
Xoxo