Thursday, May 13, 2010

Multilingual Living - Awesome Website for Multi-lingual Families

Years ago I was a columnist for the Bilingual/Bicultural Family Network for several months at the kind invitation of founder/editor Corey Heller. Then, I also contributed for a couple of issues of the online magazine Multilingual Living (a full color PDF magazine whose back issues are still available for your enjoyment for a very low payment of $12!). The magazine is no longer being published online, but I'm thrilled to introduce the gorgeous, brand new website, Multilingual Living!!
Go check it out because Multilingual Living is a wonderful resource not only for families who are already bi- or multi-lingual/ cultural, but also for those who plan on teaching their children a second/third language/culture. The site has been many years in the making. I still remember when we held a vote before the magazine was started to choose a name for the site and magazine. I was a big fan of Multilingual Living and was glad when it was chosen!

I plan on getting involved with the website again since the main reason I stopped contributing to the magazine was the fact that I moved and then needed to finish a dissertation and didn't have much time. Oh, that and the question of my semi-anonymity here. We'll see, I might just decide not to worry about this "anonymity" thing anymore! ;-)

No comments: