Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Camping Trip

Yeah, the first and also the last here in Pennsylvania.

We spent the weekend at this State Park, with six other families from church and it was just an awesome and relaxing weekend. I hope to post some photos later, but right now I have to go to bed because I'm just indescribably tired. (We also went to Longwood Gardens this afternoon, we need to enjoy every last opportunity to enjoy it before we move).

This has been a year of firsts so far -- first time the boys went skiing (I also want/need to post photos), first time they went camping,* first academic job offer for K (totally unrelated this last one, no?).

Right now, though, we're trying to negotiate the countless "last things" that we'll experience from now on. Hopefully having a few "firsts" here and there can help us cope with the "lasts."

* I've obviously camped before, but mostly in my childhood with my parents and during our month-long backpacking trip in Europe in 2000.

No comments: