Monday, January 18, 2010

The Last Moments

The boys want to play outside non-stop and I don't blame them. I know what awaits us back home! That's why I'm letting them play, in spite of the fact that we're way behind on schoolwork. :-(

And I'm still managing to squeeze in some time with friends that I haven't seen in years. The trip has got to be productive "socially" too -- since that's one of the most important things for us Brazilians, personal relationships. In this aspect, the balance of this trip is beyond positive [saldo pra lá de positivo], it's really spectacular! I got to see most of my friends here, even if for a short time, and I got to spend significant time with people I hadn't had the chance to interact in depth for many years.

In spite of all that, I still think that I'm going "back home" right now. And saying this is no small feat or matter to "accidental" and even reluctant immigrants like us. I think it's finally dawning on us that we are, in fact, immigrants, committed to live expatriate lives until who knows when. I have tons to say about this, but it's hard to sort through the feelings and articulate the scattered thoughts. Perhaps more later...

P.S. Six minutes flat. That was the time it took to write this post. Not bad, huh?!

No comments: