Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friends that Are Closer than Siblings

Yesterday was a nice day because I got to spend some time with my best childhood girl friends G & J (technically we weren't children anymore when we met, we were 13 going on 14 back in 1985, but I knew about them for years before we met). They're twins, one of them (G) is married to another of our best friends (K and mine) and they have two children, a girl and boy, the same age as mine (incidentally, my eldest son decided years ago that he wants to marry their daughter... we'll see about that, but it's surely cute!). The other friend (J) just had a baby girl in Boston (she's the friend I went to visit several times this year there) and this was the very first time I visited her house since she got married years ago.

G and her family stopped for a day in São Paulo on their way to Australia and New Zealand, where they're going to spend the holidays with my brother, his wife and his in-laws (G's husband M is my brother's brother-in-law). It's wonderful to feel like family, or more than family, around friends, isn't it?

The weekend at the beach was just "half good" since it rained all day on Sunday. We did get to enjoy the beach on Saturday and Monday (just briefly, before driving up to São Paulo). I'll try to post photos soon, but I just thought I'd write a quick update. More later, then.

1 comment:

t1 Diabetes said...

Could you do me a favor and send our friends a big hug from me??? Oh I wish I could see the baby! Maybe she will be back here soon or next year when I visit Brazil... Merry Christmas and hugs to all!