Friday, January 16, 2009

In Brazil, in the Middle of the Night

It's 3 a.m. and here I am, not yet sleepy after a nap on the 2h drive from the big city (São Paulo) to where my parents live. I slept well on the flight, thankfully, and that helps... but I've been so sleep deprived lately that I'm kind of suprised I'm not just sleepy. I have to get up relatively early so I can get a hair cut and hair color (highlights touch up) -- one of the big reasons why I came here ;-)

Anyway, there's the Baby Watch 09 for my friends Lucy and Jo to follow, and trying to catch up on more blog reading, but now I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. Really.

The air smells of flowers here, maybe orange blossoms from the neighboring citrus farms? Or some other night flowering plant? It's just lovely. My poor mom stayed up until 1 am when we arrived, but dad was sleeping. It's been a long day. My favorite part was looking down at the rolling hills of my country from the airplane window when we started our descent. Bright green, covered in forests, with lighter green pasture land and farmed areas here and there. I'm glad to be here once more.

The 12th time, in 12.5 years. It's not much, but enough for me so far.

3 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

Thanks for your kind words Liian! I just wanted to let you know that it's not the books that make me sleep... I'm just overall sleepy, probably from not sleeping comfortably... Thank you for the books again, they look like they have tons of helpful information! And next time you go to Brazil I'll send you some baby so you can get me baby books... that is a great idea! thanks... Happy Sabbath!

t1 Diabetes said...

lol... I mean to type, I'll send you some money. hahaha sleep deprivation.

Aliki2006 said...

Your description was lovely, and made me pine for Greece somehow...