Monday, June 04, 2007

What's Been Going On

I was very hesitant to blog about what we've been going through. Before you get worried, nothing is actually happening with us or any of our family members, these are issues that are happening with other people from our church and which have been bringing a lot of stress to our lives.

I wouldn't call these situations completely "unbloggable" , but they're partly "unbloggable issues" (like Professing Mama would say) mostly because I choose not to write here about certain aspects of my life, particularly the religious one. I answered a quick question about this here, if you're curious.

Anyway, I've decided to blog a bit about these issues just because they are the problems that have been preventing me to write the posts I've been planning to write. The first problem was brought to our attention a month and a half ago and it has to do with the final unraveling of a close friend's marriage. While dealing with this problem we also had to finally face some other problems that have to do with the leadership of our tiny Brazilian church and where it's headed. The problems have been taking such complex turns that my husband and I have been talking about them non-stop, often until 2-3 a.m. and then we're complete wrecks the next day. So the past week and a half has been chaotic and stressful to say the least. My husband even lost several pounds (almost 10).

On other news, my parents are returning tonight from their trip to China. Their plane must have just landed, as a matter of fact, and hubby and Kelvin are on their way to JFK airport in NY to pick them up. I can't wait to hear their stories and see their photos and videos from China!! They bought a flute for me in Hong Kong, I'm so excited!!

The only downside of their return is that I have to work on the dissertation like crazy in the next few weeks. All while worrying about cleaning the house and organizing it for showing and staging for prospective buyers. Yuck! Well... that's about it. We had a LOVELY weekend with the BIL, SIL and nephews, I may post some photos later, so hang on.

Oh, and there's another book review on the way: The No-Cry Discipline Solution -- very interesting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(HUGS) We had a hard church situation before we left New Orleans. It just tore us up!

Ha! I just the No-Cry Discipline Solution today (along with the Potty Solution to accompany the Sleep ones I already have). Will be interested in your comments.

Keiko said...

Vixe...problemas, problemas, o vida dura! E o K com 10 pounds a menos deve ser triste! Tadinho!

Agora, quero ver umas fotinhos da China tb!!!

Bjinho,
Keiko

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am sorry to hear about the problems in your church and with your friends. I hope everything works out! I can't wait to hear about your parent's trip to China. And just think of the progress you will make on your dissertation when the next few weeks are over! I have one more week of full time work and then I am off for the summer. Let's get together as soon as you are free.