Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Busy Dissertatin'

I finally sent chapter 5's second draft to my advisor today. The original deadline (I come up with them) was last Friday, but the advisor emailed me that he was extremely busy, so I asked whether I could send it on Sunday or Monday and ended up sending it only today. I was able to add quite a bit, and edit other parts. Now I have to go back to chapters 4 and 6 to try and finish them up (and later 5), but I'm waiting for his feedback on them.

My parents were supposed to go back to Brazil today, but they have a "complimentary" open ticket that they got via someone who works in the airline and right now all flights are absolutely packed and there's no room for them - and probably there won't be in the next two weeks. The problem is that the Brazilian airline Varig went bankrupt (it was actually sold to a Varig subsidiary that transports cargo) and all the people from the Varig flights have to be put in other flights. So... they can't do what they originally planned and I get a few more days/ weeks to work (when I was kind of looking forward to slowing down).

Thankfully, I've been feeling better now and I'm hoping I won't get worse again, so that helps with the dissertation work. I really want to finish and I've got to do it while I have the momentum.

This is a boring, boring post... I know, it's just that I've just spent a whole day writing and reading dissertation related stuff. I have started a post with some cute pictures of the boys and I hope to finish and post it soon, OK?

2 comments:

Alice said...

oh, so that's the reason (Varig going bankrupt, I mean) - because my husband's meeting in Brasil got canceled b/c it was impossible for his colleagues to make it there in time as everything was full. He, too, was put on a waiting list on the way home but luckily he got a seat in the last minute.

Good luck with the dissertation! :)

Aliki2006 said...

Congrats on all the hard dissertation work you've put in! I hate self-made deadlines, I have a hard time reaching them! I much prefer when someone *gives* me a deadline and then breathes down my neck until I complete it!