Monday, April 17, 2006

Blogroll Accidentally Erased (now fixed)

I can't believe I just erased most of the blogroll from my template. I was adding a new blog to it and left the template open for a while, then I didn't check what I had done before saving and I just saved and published it. Now it will take me forever to add all the links one by one, I may even forget many of them, and that makes me really sad and upset.

I can't believe I had not saved my template yet somewhere (like my friend Alice had recommended a while back). Of course this needs to be done, just in case an accident like this happens!!! What a waste of time it will be, but I just can't bear not to have my blogroll back...

Well, now I've learned my lesson the hard way and I'm saving this template as soon as I get the links back in.

Updated to Add:
I was able to fix it searching each blog online and adding each manually again, but I think I forgot one or two blogs. I also ended up deleting those blogs which have gone offline and I changed the order slightly. The blogs within each category are (have always been) in alphabetical order, but the categories themselves are not. Of course the template is saved now.

1 comment:

Alice said...

ooops! Good that you were able to get your blogroll back, though ... I had to learn it the hard way, too. Now I double/triple save my template before I mess around with it ;)