Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy Anniversary, Blog!!

It's been one year today. It was all it took for me to become very addicted to blogging and blog reading. (It actually took much less than a year :)

I have learned even more than what I outlined in Part I of my 100 things mega-double-post back in August. I have also learned that compared to other blogs, mine is a little nothing... just a tiny speck in blogosphere. But it is a happy space for me. It makes me feel more alive and connected to the world, even if only 5 or 6 people read it, and if half of those puny 1,000 hits were done by myself :) (thanks Sandra for reminding me :)

Being a mother of young children is very tough and isolating, and being an expatriate mother, who just moved to a new city, with no friends, family of support system, is even worse. Add to the mix a looming dissertation that needs to be finished and you've got... me! Blogging has been helpful, even therapeutic, I'd say. It's been a good year, and hopefully next year will be even better!

I'm marking this day by adding new blogs to the blogroll. I've been meaning to do it for a while, because I need do diversify even more, learn more, while enjoying the blogs I already read in a regular basis. It will be a while before I can "catch up" on those blogs (I usually like to read at least a good chunk of people's archives before adding them, but this time I didn't follow this "rule"). I think it'll be fun!

DH has said he's going to help me personalize the looks of my blog, and I can't wait for that to be done. Even if it's just one of my pictures as a "heading" (like Scriverner's), it'll already be awesome. So, watch out for changes, even though I think it'll take a little while...

So -- Happy Anniversary to me and my blog one more time!!

7 comments:

Sarah Sometimes said...

Congratulations on one year of blogging! I read some of your posts today for the first time and enjoyed them. I am a new and rather tentative blogger so it was interesting to read how it has grown on you.

Holly said...

I found your blog through ABDMom's blog and I have enjoyed reading your story. It is strange how interesting it is to read about other people's lives and how different or how similar it is to your own experience. I love reading about how other moms deal with balancing their children and other responsibilities. And having lived with someone who wrote a dissertation I have the upmost sympathy for you and your family. But I can say that it does end and there is life after your PhD. Good luck and keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to another year of blogging!

kate said...

Happy Blogoversary! I'm glad you're out here blogging!

Alice said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your blog and am happy everytime you post something! :) Please keep it up!

L said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and, most importantly your readership of the blog :)

Scrivener said...

Happy Anniversary! Putting up the masthead is not hard at all, once you've got the picture selected and sized to it up there. Let me know if you need help with it.