Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Mama worries/ Afraid of what?

Quick update on baby's health. I think I figured what he has, since he's brother had it and we only found out weeks later: roseola. This common baby illness goes like this: a high fever for 3-5 days with baby cheerful and normal, then, a mild rash that lasts for 24 hours and then disappears, with an incredibly grumpy baby (I'm almost quoting from The Portable Pediatrician :) Thing is, his fever wasn't that high, and lasted for 2 days. He does have a rash, and has been very grumpy. I just hope it disappears by this afternoon, then it will have been roseola. I know, I could just call the doctor, but... if he does have roseola, there's nothing that can be done. He looks OK, just doesn't care too much for eating (nurses a lot), and can't play by himself for too long (is clingy).

Change of subject. I have spent several hours in the past two days writing an insanely long "100 things" post (I've seen it in a couple of blogs and thought it looked interesting). Now, however, I don't know if I really want to post it, I'm chickening out. I just don't know what is it that I'm afraid of. I feel so silly! Blogging is a funny thing, we do it because we want to, nobody is forcing us to write about ourselves, but sometimes it feels weird, it doesn't feel "right" in a sense. I hope I can bring myself to post that soon, in spite of the fact that it is way too long.

4 comments:

DUSIE said...

Oh, I am so there with ya Mama! Funny thing, two days after Stella had her new amber teething necklace all seemed well, and then yesterday I noticed all molars were/are here! Coincidence? Or do the Swiss/Europeans know a thing or two? I have since seen these gems for sale on line at many natural mama sort of sites...where they are ALOT cheaper than here...where you have to practically pay to have an idea ;)

DUSIE said...

btw, I hope your lil man is better soon....Stella's clinginess has subsided/gone dormant (for now!) thank goodness!

Alice said...

Now you HAVE to post the 100 things because I am soo curious about what that could be (haven't had much time to look at other blogs other than yours so I have no clue) ;)
Also I hope your baby is doing better. Was it roseola, then? I remember having had the same dilemma with Isabella, not knowing whether it was roseola or not (ped says it wasn't but he couldn't say 100% either!!!).

L said...

all right, I guess you've convinced my sophie, and I'll post :)