Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Those Dreaded Summer Tasks

I actually wrote this on July 1st around 6:30 pm on my phone, but for whatever reason it wasn't published... (I can't believe I didn't have a label for "Housekeeping" or house chores or some such thing... it just goes to show how much I don't enjoy such tasks, sigh...)

I'm here poolside blogging again, look!
Just practice, not a swim meet* thankfully.

Today I'm thinking that since July is here & summer will be over before we know it I need to begin tackling those unpleasant but necessary summer tasks, some of which I haven't done for two years!

Two weeks ago I was getting ready to have guests stay at our home office when I realized that because we got new backpacks for he boys last school year their backpacks from the 2011-2012 school year had never been opened in a year!! I couldn't believe how badly I'm doing!

I need to throw out schoolwork from the last two school years that are stored in four boxes and I need to try to organize the toy storage space (under the stairs), the garage and other storage spaces.

Another disagreeable task is, of course, weeding. I have made some headway on that already, but there's tons more of weeding to do! Sigh...

I wish I could be getting ready to travel to Florida tomorrow as planned, but K's NSF grant application got in the way! :-( sigh... Now I'm scrambling to try to plan something for my birthday... Blah... 

Well, let's hope I can be productive at least! 

* That was a nightmare, BTW, my poor resilient boy is over it, though. I should NEVER ever let him compete knowing he's not good enough yet (as in not really knowing how to swim properly freestyle yet). It was disheartening... He's not competing again until he's had about year of swim lessons under his belt! (My boys haven't had lessons yet)

No comments: