Sunday, July 21, 2013

Overcoming Writer's Block from Infrequent Posting

I blog in my head pretty much all of the time, ;-)  but coming here and actually posting sometimes seems to be so hard! I started a post several days ago, but the thought of selecting the photos to include was a bit overwhelming, so I put off posting.

I thought of writing a post titled something like "I want my husband back!" or "The Grant Stole My Husband" or maybe "His Work is His Lover" -- which is actually how we often jokingly refer to his discipline -- "she" (all sciences are grammatically feminine in Portuguese) is K's lover and sometimes he spends way more time with "her" than with me & his sons. Sigh... That post would be boring, though, and only complain about how for the past 3 weeks K has worked from 8 or 9 am (when the boys & I are often getting up at 10 at the earliest) to 12 am every day except Friday night to Saturday. So, I'm just mentioning this here in this "catch-all" phost.

He is submitting the grant on Monday morning, though, so it's the final stretch. Then, he has to finish this side work (that pays nicely on the side too) of rating the university evaluations with another person (it's "secret" stuff that I'm not supposed to know about or look at!!) that ends on Wednesday -- I thought it was CRAZY of him to volunteer for this extra work precisely on the week he needs to submit the grant, but he thought that over 1.5K was needed & not just desirable. Sigh...

OK, the grant part of the post is over and now... I have to confess that I haven't been very productive as I knew I wouldn't be. And in the post I (badly & hastily) wrote about the "dreaded summer tasks" I forgot to mention a couple of major things that need to be done, such as emptying and de-frosting the deep freezer -- aaargh! and, pretty important too, finishing re-staining/sealing the deck (I just thought of that one today when I walked out there and saw that the parts that K didn't stain last year are beginning to peel).

And I can't even finish this lame post... because I have to go to a good-bye party in the park for a friend who is heading to medical school tomorrow. Another reason for the blogging hiatus is that I have been spending time "diving deeply" into Brazilian music via a journalist's blog that I found. I will probably talk more about that later here.

P.S. and I intend to post photos of my garden. Including before & after of last Friday's weeding session that left me with several itchy poison ivy spots in my arms. So I've been marginally productive with the garden/yard. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, I can't wait to see photos of your garden! So sorry about the poison ivy, though. Sounds terrible!