Thursday, July 07, 2011

Forty & Fabulous? You be the judge of that ;)

Cris, a dear friend whom I haven't seen for several years turned forty a couple of months ago, shortly after her beautiful wedding. "Forty & fabulous" was what she posted on facebook on her birthday -- and she most certainly is really, really, fabulous -- to which I commented back "I hope I can say the same in my birthday that's coming up." I don't know I can be so assertive, but you can take a look at some photos of this day.
First, my boys brought me breakfast in bed, yum!

And K adapted the mug he got on his 30th birthday to match the day:
After we had lunch at an Indian buffet, I decided to have a haircut. Since self-portraits are usually the worst and I wanted to show you what I really look like, here's one, taken with my cell phone in the car, right before the haircut:
And this is after the haircut, with my camera, at home:

I have decided that I'm ready, in August, to cut the back of my hair really short and have the front longer -- K loooves my neck and says he's always told me that short hair was the way to go, but I have resisted all these years. I think now I'm ready for that, as long as the front is longer and assymetrical. Hopefully I'll look very "modern" hahaha. So... it looks like I'll really embrace a different look in my 40th year, right?

I hope to post more later, but thanks to everyone who has already sent me birthday wishes on facebook!

1 comment:

Rene said...

Very fabulous! ;-)

The hair looks great.