Sunday, July 17, 2011

Exasperated with Blogger & Internet Browsers

This is a "throw-away" post, a small rant when there's so, so much more that I want and wish to post about... in any case... here it goes. Consider yourself warned. ;-)  (all three readers of my blog)

You know, I feel really stupid for not having switched to Wordpress yet and the latest trouble with Google (my son feels upset now when he sees me checking my email and even more upset if I ever open Google +) makes me want to consider ditching Google altogether (although I really love their email service and I've been with them forever*).

My latest problem is not a big deal, but it's still REALLY super annoying. I use the blogroll in this blog as my "feed reader" and I click on people's blogs on my sidebar once they're updated. There's just a small problem -- if I leave my browsers open (Firefox & Chrome are my browsers of choice), even if I close the blog's tab and reopen a new one next time I logon -- my blogroll simply doesn't update or reload, no matter how many times I press the re-load button!!!

Do you know what I can do to avoid that? Do I have to close all browsers and shut down my computer whenever I'm not using it? That sounds unreasonable!

In the first few times this happened, I went and opened Explorer and... voilá! there was the blogroll, freshly updated (which kind of ruled out a problem with Blogger). HOWEVER, today I tried that (and explorer has been closed for a few days) and it didn't work!!!\

So, yeah... I'm getting really annoyed. And I know it may be my fault and I'm really a dumb computer user & stuff, but still... whatever.

Thanks for listening. I feel WAY better now. phew!! ;)

Edited to add: of course the minute I publish this blog post and click on "view blog" -- there is the blogroll, updated! Well, I guess the universe is trying to tell me to blog more often, what do you think? :D WHATEVER!

*I haven't been able to figure out how long it has been! There are thousands of emails in my inbox and I don't have time to waste clicking back to my earliest emails and figuring out when they were sent. I'm sure I'm just DUMB and there must be a way to do it. I went to my profile and poked around & found nothing. When was gmail created? I got my account soon after. I checked, it came out in April 2004... that means that Linton has had a gmail account since right after he was born --> see? Back then we didn't

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try Feedly via Chrome extension. It takes all your Google Reader + other RSS into one readable format.

The news comes to you at one location and in a organized format.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ndhinffkekpekljifjkkkkkhopnjodja

ExpatBrazil

Unknown said...

Follow Up:

Forgot to mention that you can subscribe to other Blogs and they will appear in your Feedly whenever they are updated. Easy and Stress Free. :-)