Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jose Vargas's "My Life As an Undocumented Immigrant"

I've written about immigration issues here before and it is a painful subject for me since I know so many people in his situation. When you read someone's story like Jose Vargas's, this serious problem takes on a more real and very human face. I wonder what will happen to him now. He must feel relieved after "coming out" for the second, and most important, time in his life, but now what?!

I know many children in a similar situation, some who came here when they were as young as 3 or 4 and who will be teenagers soon and will start thinking of going to college (which is becoming harder and harder now). It's so complicated! Sigh. I wish something like the "Dream Act" can be passed someday soon, but I frankly don't have much hope it will... :(

No comments: