Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"I don't like Math anymore..."

Said my 7 year old son and all kinds of worries went through my mind in a split second, but then he continued:

"... because it's too easy!"

(sigh of relief). He takes after his older brother, his daddy and his uncles who are all mathy types. I think Math will always be easy for him and his brother, at least in grade school, but I bet daddy will be teaching the boys calculus before they get into college. I know that in a few years my 9 year old (and maybe the 7 year old too) will probably be doing research in dad's lab over the summer.

This comment came when I reminded K that we bought a school-sponsored Math summer book for the boys and that this is a good activity for this afternoon and the next two days in which daddy will have to take care of the boys in his office while mommy goes to a conference by herself (we're trying to find a sitter for the whole day tomorrow, though). I have to go finish writing my paper and packing before I leave this afternoon, but I can't wait to blog about our adventures in Montreal!

No comments: