Saturday, August 14, 2010

Short Random Updates (with pools and trains and... Cancun?)

  • My parents arrived safely from Brazil.
  • I love the clothes my mom brought me, some new & some barely used by one of my best friends (who just moved to the U.S. and got rid of lots of clothes in a tag sale there in Brazil).
  • I bought a package of dice in the dollar bin at Target the other day and now Kelvin is addicted to Yahtzee (we read rules online & printed forms). I've played a few rounds with him too, but I haven't caught the bug. I prefer "thinking" games to luck based ones. (yeah, I know, I'm really annoying, right?).
  • The boys spent two weeks playing with their trains nearly everyday, all day. I was sad to dismantle the huge track on Thursday so we could set up the office/guest room for my parents. Here, take a look:
  • Pathetic confession: I'm way better now, but last week, when I found out that BIL and his family are going to Cancun for a week (they thought we knew since February when they bought the all-inclusive package, but we didn't, distracted much?), I was just a tiny bit jealous (gross understatement). They're not planning to do anything, though (not even to see this or that). That right there just squelches my jealousy almost entirely. What a relief!! [I'm secretly hoping they change their minds, but I don't think they will, haha :-( ].
  • With all those travels I took almost 6 GB of photos & video in July. And that's because our camera takes only 8 mega pixel photos. I'll have to delete tons of photos when we get a higher resolution camera. And buy a terabyte or more external hard drive.
  • Even more pathetic confession: You just can't refuse invitations to visit friends who have a pool. That's why we went to PA last weekend. Really? Well, not really, but take a look too:
C'mon, do you still blame me/us?
(K took the photo & I'm the one with the hot pink rash guard there -- I don't want scorched shoulders ever again in my life!)

Well, I'm sure I could find tons of more random things to say, such as that I already made and froze my first two batches of tomato sauce (marinara style sauce). I even have pictures to prove it. Or to report on how well my four tomato plants are doing (no photos), or maybe you'd like to know that I'm being a good host and I cooked lots of yummy food for this weekend. Yeah... but I think the post is long enough already.

P.S. I saw professional photos of my newborn nephew online today. He's the cutest thing! I also saw him on Skype. Did I mention that they're coming to visit too? AWESOME!!

oh, and it took precisely 50 minutes to write this post. uploading the photos takes time.

2 comments:

Rene said...

* Glad your parents made it.
* Pictures of the new clothes?
* Jealous that you get a visit with your brother (though I guess I should be thankful that I see mine more than once every two years.)
* Yahtzee has a little bit of strategy to it, doesn't it? But I'm annoying and prefer thinking games, too. How come I've never played anything with you?
* That track is quite elaborate!
* I didn't know BIL and fam were going to Cancun either. Funny. Kley and I are considering that as our Carnival destination. But we'll have to try and go see "this" or "that." Don't worry though, I won't tell you if we do. ;)

P.S. I need to see these new photos of the N. I'm jealous that you all live so relatively close and get to see each other more frequently.

jo(e) said...

I love that pool.

I'm glad your parents arrived safely.