Thursday, August 26, 2010

on facebook (annoying!) & twitter / links

I think facebook is very, very annoying. I try to spend as little time as possible in there. I just do it so I can know what's going on with friends, family &, mostly, acquaintances. Can't stand it apart from that, though. Blah!! (if it weren't so rude to simply unfriend the acquaintances... :-( )

Twitter is not much better, a bit less of a waste of time if I quickly check it at the end of the day.

I think I'm getting really, really old -- blogging is it for me and I can't move on to other, more superficial things. I like depth & I stick to it. Am I wrong?

Fb & tweets are only food for thought when they link to good stuff (which today some of them did -- Dawn shared this link to a most moving essay that mentions adoption disruption). That's all.

Oh, and Lauren pointed out to an interesting article about Philly -- makes me miss it there. :-(

And Laura this article about how a great famine is coming. If this were her blog, this post would be titled "Spreading Love #xyz" ;-)

2 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

I have a couple friends that I hide from my news feed, because I can't stand their facebook posts. When you see an annoying post, just click "hide so & so" besides it... This way you can still be friends, but don't get annoyed. Also, I blocked all the applications, farmville, yoville and what not. So i don't receive any request for gifts, etc... this leaves me with only the good stuff... what's going on with friends/family...still didn't figure out twitter, just started to post there...

Aliki2006 said...

I do what Lucy C does--it's a sanity saver!

I like FB for the links I get access to as well...and Twitter? I just never liked it.