Thursday, September 03, 2009

Dreaming is the Best Medicine

Cheryl, you were spot on in your comment regarding that sad post. A little bit of dreaming can make all the difference.

That same evening after I'd written the post K came home and began to tell me about some of the academic positions that have just been advertised in his area. One in Virginia, at the school/dept. he's already applied for 3 times (and was interviewed in the first try, withdrew the second application & the third was late), another in Connecticut, another in Massachusetts, very close to where we used to live... all attractive places to us. And hopefully there will be other positions to apply to.

Although I am aware that there are always be many applicants and that K may not get a job offer in the end, I've began imagining what our lives would be like in each of those places and this has done loads of good to my heart.

We're getting ready to travel to Massachusetts where we'll spend sometime with my 8 months pregnant friend and her husband and also get to see an old time friend who lives in an Island close to where the Merrimack River meets the see. I think it'll be a delightful trip.

Next week we begin our cyberschooling adventures and... drum roll!! in the following week... music lessons for the boys (piano for Kelvin). I think I'm looking forward to the future all right. What a relief.

2 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

my heart hearts when my friend's heart's are hurting... hoping you can heal yours soon... love and hugs!

t1 Diabetes said...

ps. could you email me Rejane's phone #?