Tuesday, April 07, 2009

19th Anniversary of Being Together

After celebrating this date on the blog for several years, I just couldn't let it go by without a post (especially because last year I think I missed it because of the dissertation). I'm in Western Mass, using my friend's neighbor's weak wireless signal, so I don't know if it will work, but I'll try! :-) (well, the photo just loaded, so it's working ok -- I just have to let you know that I didn't ask K's permission to post his photo, but hopefully he won't mind).

If you want to read the story of how we got together, here's the collection of links. We took the photo below on the day of our 14th wedding anniversary last year (we were facing a whole wall mirror). I didn't get a chance to blog about it in detail, but he took me here. It was a surprise trip and I really enjoyed it! The 19th anniversary of being together is a nice milestone for us because of this. And the best thing of all is that each year that goes by is better and better! I wish everyone could have what we have, I really do.

Well, Happy Anniversary to us! It's just sad that we're apart today, but I have two living reminders of our love breathing softly right next to me in bed, and that is also a wonderful, amazing gift!

3 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

Parabens para o casal 20 (ou 19!)
um abraco!

M said...

Congrats, Lilian! I love reading about how long you and K have been together. C and I have been together the longest of all of our friends--almost 13 years--and they always say "How did you know so young?" You and K offer further evidence that it is possible to know when you're young.

Tracy said...

Congratulations, Lilian and K!

That picture is adorable. It reminds me that Todd and I should have our pictures taken together more often.