Saturday, April 25, 2009

All I Want...

... is to be able look back at this time someday and know it all worked out for the best in the end.

Not in the near future, because that's unlikely, but when we're more settled down. Yeah, it's painful not to have settled down and begun life only two years short of 40 years old. No retirement plans or savings, no savings whatsoever for the kids' colleges. No future down payment for the next house. Harsh reality. In spite of all that, there's hope.

Thanks already, my friends. Your words are helpful. Right now we can't really be cheered up, it's not possible, but we feel more than reassured that we're doing the best we can, given the circumstances. And we know it'll be all right.

We just spent over an hour talking, K and I... it's painful to go over all the details, all of our lives, the past, and the uncertain future, but we're confident we'll be ok, it's just hard to think optimistically. Thanks again.

1 comment:

Anjali said...

I'm late catching up, but add me to the list of people holding you up. MemeGRL said so very eloquently what I would have said. We are all with substantial regrets in our life, but it's tough when they hit all at the same time. Your options seemed limited to me, and not very appealing. I don't think there's a way you could have made it better. Without the house, you will more easily find a way to save. And you will have another chance to make another home, again.