Monday, December 15, 2008

I Stayed Up All Night...

... grading. And even then I was late posting the weekly feedback. And I still have a load of assignments to grade that were due yesterday.

It's a nightmare this mercenary job that I took, a veritable nightmare. I just cannot grade fast enough and their emphasis is on doing things in their schedule, not on the students. I am sure that it's more important to them that I return the feedback (even if it's nothing really) on time, than giving significant feedback. I made a conscious decision to enjoy my guests on Saturday night and then I rested a bit on Sunday morning... and, stupid, I thought that if I started grading mid-afternoon I'd be done before 2 am... ahahaha... Impossible.

OK, I can hardly sound coherent. I need to take a nap before I go back to grading. And I don't even want to look at my mentor's email,... I can tell that she won't have good things to say about my delay... OK, I really have to go catch some zzs now... but I'll be back later. Hopefully not up all night AGAIN. :-(

3 comments:

Rene said...

So sorry! It's a cruel joke that you get the nightmare without the sleep.

Prisca said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping this will soon be over. Also wondering how your Aunt and Grandmother are doing.

Juliet said...

Sorry things are so stressful for you. *hugs*
Oh. Would you mind setting up e-mail notifications for me for your blog? I know I'm bad about commenting lately, but if I get the posts send to my e-mail, I am guaranteed to see the post, and will definitely comment. My e-mail is dalian_moonAThotmailDOTcom