Thursday, July 10, 2008

We Have Other Alternatives!

I am thrilled to report that we are thinking of other alternatives to selling the house.

The main one would be refinancing it so we can lower the mortgage payment by eliminating PMI by paying more of the principal. The truth is that it would be nearly impossible to do all the renovations that still need to be done so we can put the house on the market until the end of the month. Moreover, if we lower the monthly payment, the difference between a rental and the mortgage payment won't be that great.

I feel very relieved. And I need to go to bed right now because it's much too late.

6 comments:

Rene said...

Hope it works out for y'all to keep the house!

Unknown said...

Awesome, Lilian. My fingers are crossed!

ArticulateDad said...

Alternatives are good. Just don't get wed to any one of them before you're ready.

Your choices now are quite similar to what we faced several years ago, when we decided to sell our house in Denver. RocketMom's commute would have been about 45 minutes. We thought my professional opportunities would have been better by moving back to be near my alma mater. As you know, that didn't pan out. Would we have been better to stay in Denver, or to have moved back before the house sold a year later? No telling.

More to the point... right here, right now, we're very happy! I wish much of the same on you.

t1 Diabetes said...

I'm so glad you have this option! And congrats on your nephew.

Cheryl said...

Holy Moley! Much has been a-happenin' 'round here. Just catching up, since, as you know, we've been gone for a week.

Happy belated birthday, and congrats on being an auntie again. Those little babes are so precious!

As for life changes ... ride the waves, try not to get too attached to any one, because they all end up crashing into the sand, but they sure make for a fun trip.

I too desire to settle down, hope we will stay put now for a while ... but that's not what is really important. If it was, we would still be in hot & smoggy land, I would be working to afford to live there, and probably much less happy.

As for the flowers, if you go, they are not wasted, but a gift for whoever comes next. And what goes around comes around. If you don't have these flowers, you will have others.

Take care, be healthy, and get some rest.

Soy said...

That must be a weight off your shoulders! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Btw, I can't remember exactly how I chanced upon your blog. I was definitely googling but I can't remember which link! :)